Today, 400M deaf and hard-of-hearing people constantly miss out on conversations in their social and professional lives. Professional services average $100 an hour. Lip reading only gets you 25% of understanding – that sucks, get people excluded.
It doesn’t need to be this way.
At Ava, we develop the technology to empower our users to 24/7 accessibility.
The Ava app pairs multiple smartphones together, their microphone listen to the conversations and instantly transcribe real conversations into text, just like closed captions on your TV.
We need an iOS lead to build a magical Ava experience for everyone involved. This means creating bold and delightful UIs to visually represent how people communicate. This means tinkering and pushing the iOS platform to its limits in audio, pairing, networking and machine learning to achieve the impossible.
What we expect to see:
– You’ve shipped apps before, you’re fast but thoughtful, comfortable with short iteration cycles and ambitious deadlines. We’re changing the world, and it’s not your usual 9-5.
– You have a knack for user interfaces, and get excited at the thought of Ava as a real communication companion.
– You’re excited about the impact that you can have.
– Pushing the limits of what has been done before sounds fun for you.
– You get that it takes a team to change the world.
– You’re not going to regret Objective-C. We’re in Swift.
– Bonus: Experience with CoreAudio, AFNetworking, Bluetooth, Metal.
You think you’re the one? Let’s chat!
We are Ava and we believe total accessibility is possible.
We're a small team from around the world
and we're breaking down communication barriers between the deaf & hearing worlds.
Group conversations are a daily struggle for 400 million people suffering from disabling hearing loss, which excludes them from many professional and social interactions.
Ava is the easiest way for them to be included in the conversation.
Like a Siri for group conversations, the mobile app empowers individuals to see who says what around them, in less than a second. Our system swiftly pairs smartphones in a room, and processes the conversation to show you a real time, color-coded transcript of the discussion. At business meetings, family dinners, social gatherings, you launch the app, and Ava does the rest.
Ava is transforming communications for the deaf/hard-of-hearing people by bridging communication gaps with a 24/7 personal, lightning fast, and affordable captioning experience.