Does it bother you that millions of hard-working Americans struggle to get through their cash flow journey each month? Are you looking to bring your engineering and product skills to an early-stage startup with promising momentum? If so, consider this new, high-ownership role leading our product building efforts.
What You’ll Do
* Turn designs and wireframes into functional features by defining user stories, coding, refactoring, testing and deploying
* Design, set up and manage PayGoal’s data model and database platform to track users, customers, transactions and cash flow forecasts securely
* Integrate with partner APIs, push messaging capabilities and web services to manage the flow of data within and outside of our product
* Set up and manage dev, staging + prod environments on cloud infrastructure
* Build and manage test framework
* Lead a small team of software engineers
* Iterate, iterate, iterate. Abstract. Iterate, iterate, iterate.
Who You Are
You are a socially conscious and open-minded engineer who believes in the power of technology to meaningfully improve the lives of underserved individuals. You have a proven ability to understand a users’ perspective, tackle complex engineering challenges and deliver elegant solutions. You have a strong computer science background and full-stack programming experience, and are confident as an architect and supervisor. You are comfortable and confident in an agile environment working with a small product team in a collaborative fashion.
Why You’ll Succeed
* Significant (5+ years) experience creating software in a business environment and a passion for programming
* Technical architect mindset and skills coupled with a self-starting entrepreneurial attitude and strong work ethic
* Proficiency building modern web applications and using Git and managing everything from development to deployment
* Versatility across the full stack and an insatiable desire to become a better developer
* Successfully developed mobile and web products
PayGoal is a social venture focused on solving the financial challenges of underserved workers through a mobile cash flow management tool. The product has been incubated at Neighborhood Trust, NYC’s leading financial empowerment organization, and we are now building the leadership team to build it out further. We’re heavily focused, socially-minded, fast-moving and well-funded. We were one of 9 fintech companies selected as winners of CFSI’s first Financial Solutions Lab challenge, beating out almost 300 other applicants and winning $250,000 and substantial mentoring and support.