Does it bother you that millions of hard-working Americans struggle to get through their cash flow journey each month? Are you looking to bring your innovation and design skills to an early-stage startup with promising momentum? If so, consider this new, high-ownership role amplifying and energizing our product design and build efforts.
Who You Are
You are a socially conscious and open-minded entrepreneur who believes in the power of technology to meaningfully improve the lives of underserved individuals. You approach product design from a research perspective, and have the ability to distill complex scenarios into tactical solutions. You thrive at validating your solutions through research, prototyping and testing. You have experience in commercial and consumer-based user research, as well as other qualitative user research methods such as stakeholder interviewing, gathering user needs, concept development, customer journey mapping and/or usability testing.
What You’ll Do
* Iterate on ideas, distill concepts into usable solutions, then prototype and test them with actual users
* Lead the team on the entire user experience including behavioral preferences, information hierarchy, interaction design, visual design and copywriting
* Design and manage product learning plans and metrics, working with engineers to validate hypotheses in a lean fashion
* Lead meetings, design exercises and user interviews aimed at learning more about our problem space, improving the product to better meet users’ needs and drive impact
Why You’ll Succeed
* Significant (2-5+ years) experience designing mobile/web experiences or working as an Information Architect or Interaction Designer
* A degree in Psychology, Sociology, Design, HCI or Human Factors
* You’re a positive, self-starting entrepreneurial who loves to work on important challenges
* Ability to communicate visually, verbally, and in writing
* Comfort working with a high level of ambiguity and moving fast, while taking real-time direct feedback and integrating it into your approach
* You’ve Successfully launched a mobile product
Knowledge of front-end coding (HTML, CSS, landing pages, jquery)
PayGoal is a social venture focused on solving the financial challenges of underserved workers through a mobile cash flow management tool. The product has been incubated at Neighborhood Trust, NYC’s leading financial empowerment organization, and we are now building the leadership team to build it out further. We’re heavily focused, socially-minded, fast-moving and well-funded. We were one of 9 fintech companies selected as winners of CFSI’s first Financial Solutions Lab challenge, beating out almost 300 other applicants and winning $250,000 and substantial mentoring and support.