ZAYA seeks a Technical Lead to join our ambitious growth plan by developing and leading our technology team. Reporting directly to the CEO, this person will help develop cutting edge technology, which will enable online learning for schools, and training centers around the world.
– Responsible to lead rapid development team to the completion of design and development under aggressive timelines.
– Developing modular code and design
– Define standards, policies, procedures, measures, and organizational enhancements to meet company goals for the Product & Technology group.
– Review technical designs created for conformance to development standards, appropriate design choices.
– This candidate should be a strong utility type of programmer with the ability to switch context quickly and efficiently between different languages and tasks.
– Create technical design for large and complicated projects
– Create implementation plan and documentation to be followed by development staff.
– Research and evaluate third party software for usage in development lifecycle to aid efficiency and/or quality.
– Write infrastructure and systems level code in Python
– 4+ years work with Python and related frameworks.
– Solving scalability issues with AWS
– 4+ years experience in software development, product management, and/or quality assurance is required.
– Experience working in startups before is preferred.
– Individual must be extremely energetic and influence with a high level of conviction.
– Ability to convert design into architecture and eventually into product
– Python, PostgresSQL, Scaling/Capacity, High-Availability
– Amazon Web Services, EC2
– Continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, Sonar)
– Monitoring frameworks such as Monit
– Logging frameworks Build frameworks (SBT, Maven)
– PostgresSQL, MongoDB
– NoSQL databases and frameworks.
About Zaya Learning Labs
ZAYA is an award winning, innovative education startup based in Mumbai, and expanding all over the world that focuses on implementing scalable systems to increase the access to high quality education to students in low income schools and government schools across the world. We want to bring the power of blended learning to students all over the world and yet make the entire experience simple and enriching for teachers in low income schools to adopt the model. Zaya Is creating the next generation of learning model that will revolutionize how technology and content is used in classrooms to transform low performing classes into high performing learning spaces. We have labs currently impacting 2500 students in India and have plans to scale across the globe.
• Opportunity to work with a fun, energetic team that will give you the opportunity to be a leader and showcase your brilliance
• Help further education in less privileged communities
• Competitive salary package
• Team environment, collaborative learning environment, transparent communications
• Flexible 40-hour work week
• Opportunity to advance career at growing company always looking for emerging leaders